A smaller version of the Evil Eye, they look like a floating eyeball with no eyelids and no tentacles attached.
| Base Experience of 550
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' and in-game testing.|
|Barrier||Spec||Erects a defensive shield to protect itself from all damage (can be broken with enough magick attacks). The Vile Eye cannot cast magick while the shield is maintained.|
|Charge||Phys||Snaps with its lids few times then charges forward while maintaining its barrier.|
|Dimensional Phase-Shift||Spec||Teleports to cover ground quickly.|
|Ocular Magick||Mag||The eye lowers its shield and casts spells such as Levin, Ingle, or Frigor.|
|Crippling Beam||Spec/Mag||The Vile Eye lowers its barrier and emits a Petrification beam. May also inflict blind, Torpor, Silence, Poison and Curse.|
|Petrifying Glare||Spec||If a Vile Eye is picked up and aimed at other foes, it will emit a beam that can be used to petrify them.|
|Evil Pulse||Mag/Status||The Eye pauses as it prepares a spell, signified by its eye glowing bright crimson. After a short incantation time, the spell will be released with a shockwave that can knockover, it will also remove Weapon enchantments and may inflict Skill Stifling.|
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
For full information, refer to the Bestiary page.
- Vulnerable to damage only when casting spells
- Can be picked up when knocked down to the floor and used to petrify other enemies
- Weak to Holy.
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 75 Vile Eyes either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- "What could that round mass be?"
- "Draw other beasts before the eye's glare!"
- "Beware its gaze!" (Vile Eye using its gaze)
- "Pierce the eye while it casts!"
- "Its barrier is lowered while it intones a spell!"
- Resistant to all Elemental Attributes except Holy, and especially so to dark.
- Immune to all debilitations except Burning.
- The magickal barrier is completely impenetrable (like the Evil Eye's). Wait until the Vile Eye begins to spellcast before attacking it.
- Has relatively low health and is easy to stagger.
- Striders: the Dark Arisen skill Soaring Stone can lift Eyes into the air, breaking their barrier, and leaving them vulnerable to further attacks.
- If picked up while stunned or knocked down, the Vile Eye's Petrifying Glare can be used to inflict Petrification upon enemies via the light that the Vile Eye will produce. Doing so will gain Pawns Bestiary knowledge.
- Beware its Petrification gaze.
- The Vile Eye bears a strong resemblance to the Beholders of the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game.