When Pawns lose all their health, either in battle, through debilitations such as burning, or poison, or by falls from a great height, they are rendered unconscious, and unable to perform any action save cry for help.
If the Arisen aids the pawn, they are restored to life, with half of their health - if unaided, the unconscious pawn will return to the rift after three minutes.
Augments and special items
|Items or Augments||Health regained|
|Wanderlust Ring with Restoration||~90%|
|Two Wanderlust Rings||90%|
|Two Rings with Restoration||100%|
Several augments help pawns restored from unconsciousness :
- Reinforcement - a temporary boost of their Defenses and Magick Defenses
- Retribution - a temporary boost to their Strength and Magick
- Restoration - aided pawns recover three quarters of their health
Pawns with the Legion's Might staff are automatically 'resurrected' without any aid from unconsciousness.
Additionally the augment Tenacity gives a chance that attacks that would have reduced all health leave one hit point instead, reducing the chance of becoming unconscious.
- Pawns with the Nexus or Medicant inclinations will carry an unconscious pawn to the Arisen. Nexus as the 1º inclination seems more eager to carry than when in 2º. Pawns without Nexus will not carry 'dead' pawns at all, unless asked to using "Help".
- Pawns aided from unconsciousness loose all secondary debilitations, as well as any invigorations.
- Humans do not become unconscious in the same way as pawns when all their health is gone - instead they must be revived with a Wakestone, and cannot be saved any other way.
- Several attacks and effects send a pawn immediately to the rift without the intermediate unconscious state. These include: Petrification, Daimon's vortex attack, the spell Great Sacrifice, the Brine, Death's scythe attack, the heavy possession attack by Ghosts, and a fall into an abyss.
- Unconsciousness is an exception amongst 'debilitations' in that Impervious does not protect against it, including magickal inflictions, such as Dragon Roar or Exequy.