When afflicted by Torpor, the character's movement, spellcasting and attacks are slowed to a crawl. Even falling is slowed.
Torpor can be inflicted by the spell Lassitude, the Assassin skill Blunting Arrow, the Jewel of Time and by Rusted Weapons enhanced to 3 stars or higher. It can be self inflicted by consuming Rotten Ambrosial Meat, Rotten Grandgrapes, Cerulean Concoction or Violet Concoction.
Cockatrices, Sulfur Saurians, and Spiders have natural abilities to inflict Torpor. Additionally, Wights, Liches, the Dark Bishop and Skeleton Sorcerers, Evil Eyes, Vile Eyes and the Gazer, Wyverns, Wyrms, Thunderwyverns, Frostwyrms and Cursed Dragons, Silver Knights, and Gorechimeras can inflict Torpor through spells.
- Torpor is one of the most useful Debilitations in the game, capable of giving the party a significant speed advantage.
- Attacks, skills and spells that do not inflict Torpor on the first strike may inflict Torpor on successive strikes - if a creature is not immune to Torpor, it can be debilitated with enough strikes.
- Once successfully inflicted, Torpor will last for 30 seconds.
- The infliction of Torpor by rusted weaponry is likely a reference to the real world disease tetanus, which is often associated with rusty metal objects such as nails.
- (Glitch) The change in speed may cause follow up strikes of skills to miss - e.g. Toss and Trigger will generally miss with the powder blast on a torpored enemy - even free falling is slower when torpored.
|Master Ring||71 to 90%|
|Preceptor Ring||41 to 60%|
|Virtuoso Ring||11 to 30%|
- List of Armor and Clothing Sets with Torpor resistance
- List of Head Armor with Torpor resistance
- List of Torso Armor with Torpor resistance
- List of Leg Armor with Torpor resistance
- List of Arms Armor with Torpor resistance
- List of Leg Clothing with Torpor resistance
- List of Chest Clothing with Torpor resistance
- List of Cloaks with Torpor resistance