The Fallen City is a location in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.


The Fallen City is an area in Bitterblack Isle. It is entered through the Sparyard of Scant Mercy and leads to Bitterblack Sanctum.

The Fallen City contains a large number of houses with narrow alleys and easily-accessible roofs. Bodies of its past inhabitants, and possibly past Arisen and their respective Pawns, litter the streets. This underground city is located on top of a high plateau and one may fall off its edge if not careful.

There is a broken Riftstone next to the door to Bitterblack Sanctum. It can be restored for 35,000 RC.


On the first visit, the Fallen City will be devoid of enemies; however if the Bitterblack Sanctum is entered, but immediately exiting back through the same door, without engaging Daimon, the Fallen City will be populated with a number of foes including three Strigoi and a dozen Corrupted Pawns; a Cursed Dragon and Death may spawn.

Post-Daimon, the creatures tend to appear in two possible formations:


Two Macabre Sculptures, a single Moonbeam Gem, and a Wakestone can be found in the northeastern part of the city (see map).

Pyrepipe, Nightfall Cresset, and Lunanise grow here, and the area's ore deposits may yield either Rubicite, Diamond, or Moonstone.

Items found lying around, lost or discarded include Decaying Grimoire, Month-Dried Harspud, Sour Ambrosial Meat, Ceramic Jug, Pumpkin, Giant Rotten Fish, Moldy Carrot, and Bricks. An Animistic Robe, Thick Fur Greaves, Ring of Sable or Giant Coin Pouch may be found in the crates near the bottom of the staircase.

For possible chest loot refer to the map and table below.
Map Fallen City

Chest Contents
1 Cockatrice Liquor, Harspud Sauce, Steel Nut Salve
2 Auspicious Incense, Fiendish Essence, Rift Cluster, Rift Bicrystal, Jewel of Summoning

Pre-Daimon: Lordly Tonic

Post-Daimon : Godly Analeptic , Vivifying Incense , Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3 , Surging Light Tome , Rift Polycrystal, Jewel of Antilight

3 Panacea, Rancid Bait Meat, Conqueror's Periapt, Demon's Periapt

Post-Daimon: Monk's Periapt

4 Panacea, Demon's Periapt, Conqueror's Periapt, Rancid Bait Meat

Post-Daimon : Monk's Periapt

5 Throwblast, Rift Cluster, Bitterblack Novelty Lv.1
6 Balmy Incense, Rift Bicrystal, Rift Polycrystal
7 Panacea, Rancid Bait Meat, Demon's Periapt, Conqueror's Periapt, Rift Bicrystal

Post-Daimon: Monk's Periapt

8 Vivifying Incense, Lordly Tonic, Fiendish Essence, Rift Bicrystal, Rift Cluster

Post-Daimon : Godly Analeptic, Rift Polycrystal, Surging Light Tome, Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3, Jewel of Summoning

9 Liftstone, Fiendish Extract, Decade-Dried Harspud
10 Pre-Daimon : Liftstone (25/25, 100%)

Post-Daimon : Perfect Rift Crystal (common), Bitterblack Armor Lv.3 (~1 in 3)

11 Cockatrice Liquor, Rift Bicrystal, Rift Polycrystal, Vivifying Incense, Godly Analeptic, Jewel of Summoning, Surging Light Tome, Steel Nut Salve, Harspud Sauce
12 Monk's Periapt, Conqueror's Periapt, Demon's Periapt, Rancid Bait Meat, Panacea
13 Balmy Incense

Pre-Daimon : Perfect Rift Crystal, Rift Polycrystal, Bitterblack Armor Lv.3

Post-Daimon : Perfect Rift Crystal, Rift Polycrystal, Bitterblack Armor Lv.3 (v. rare)

14 Rift Bicrystal, Rift Polycrystal, Balmy Incense
15 Bitterblack Armor Lv.2 (6/7, 85.71%), Rift Polycrystal (1/7, 14.29%)
16 Sour Ambrosial Meat, Moldy Pumpkin, Giant Rank Fish, Goldbean Grind, Decoction of Bandlily
17 Rift Cluster, Rift Bicrystal, Jewel of Summoning, Jewel of Antilight, Auspicious Incense, Vivifying Incense

Pre-Daimon: Lordly Tonic, Fiendish Essence

Post-Daimom : Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3, Rift Polycrystal , Godly Analeptic, Surging Light Tome

18 Rift Bicrystal, Golden Talisman, Martyr's Talisman
19 Pre-Daimon : Bitterblack Gear Lv.2 (40% chance), Bitterblack Armor Lv.2 (30%), or Bitterblack Weapon Lv.2 (30%).

Post-Daimon : Rift Polycrystal (47/84, 56.0%), Perfect Rift Crystal (32/84, 38.1%), Bitterblack Weapon Lv.3 (5/84, 6.0%)

20 Surging Light Tome, Rift Bicrystal, Rift Polycrystal (rare), Rift Cluster, Jewel of Antilight, Auspicious Incense, Godly Analeptic, Lordly Tonic, Fiendish Essence, Vivifying Incense

Post-Daimon : Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3, Jewel of Summoning

21 Conqueror's Periapt, Monk's Periapt, Demon's Periapt, Panacea, Rancid Bait Meat
Unless otherwise noted, items may be assumed to be obtainable at any time.


  • It is possible to run through the city on the roof tops in order to avoid most of the enemies and quickly get to the Sanctum.
  • If the Arisen stays in the Fallen City long enough, Death and a Cursed Dragon will continue to appear, alternating, one at a time.
  • The Wakestone will re-spawn every seven game days (Pre- and Post-Daimon).
  • Entering and exiting the Bitterblack Sanctum is necessary in order for the Fallen City chests to re-spawn in Pre-Daimon Bitterblack Isle.
  • (BUG)Entering The Fallen City Post-Daimon with a Stamina Hammer equipped can result in all the city's denizens swarming to meet to the party simultaneously.

Ashe's Account at the Monument of Remembrance describes his ruined village, furthermore Barroch states that the Arisen and he both wander about the imaginary world of their "host", who is, as Olra also says, Daimon. It can be surmised that The Fallen City is indeed where Ashe grew up, as it is a portion or recreated memory of his ruined village before he was made Arisen.


Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.