These flying beasts are similar in appearance and attacks to that of a Gargoyle, except that they are larger and have red skin. They are aggressive flyers, both lunging and grabbing a person for a stinger attack from the end of its tail to suck blood of its victim. Draining a victim makes Strigoi stronger; success is indicated by a glowing red drop on its tail.
|Base Experience of 3,900
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp) and in-game testing.|
- Very resistant to Dark enchanted weapons and spells, and fairly resistant to fire and lightning.
- Weak to Ice enchanted weapons and spells.
- Vulnerable to Torpor and Petrification.
- If their grab attack will miss, creatures will immediately land to rest for a while and can be safely grabbed.
- Strigoi are defenseless once grounded and can be grabbed and held down.
- They get stronger as the fight drags on; pawns will yell this out if it is taking a while to kill them.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Weak to Ice
- Inflict Torpor
- Freeze then shatter
- Obtain a Bloodred Crystal by letting a one grab a pawn and suck blood until the Strigoi's tail glows red, then kill the beast
- Get them down and grab them
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 100 Strigoi either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- "Be vigilant of those with red tails!"
- "Watch they do not suck your lifeblood!"
- "They grow stronger by drinking blood!"
- "Strigoi that have drunk blood are said to yield a rare material!"
With little or not bestiary knowledge
- "Crimson beasts!"
- "It looks like an overgrown bat"
- In Romanian mythology, 'strigoi' are the troubled souls of the dead rising from the grave. Some strigoi can be living people with certain magical properties. Some of the properties of the strigoi include the ability to transform into an animal, invisibility, and draining the vitality of victims via blood loss. Strigoi are also known as vampires (see Wikipedia: Strigoi).
- With its design, the Strigoi strongly resembles Firebrand, a Red Arremer enemy from Capcom's Ghosts 'n Goblins series.
- Official website (archived.)