Stage 2 refers to the segment of the game that takes place from the completion of Off With Its Head (and therefore entering Gran Soren for the first time), up to the completion of the first Wyrm Hunt Quest.
Between these two points, much of what the player is able to do, explore, purchase and complete remains largely static. Completion of this stage (and therefore moving into Stage 3) will lead to numerous changes taking place and new content becoming accessible.
- Gran Soren becomes fully accessible to explore and make full use of, excluding the Castle, and all services are available from the Union Inn, Arsmith's Alehouse, Caxton's Armory, Camellia's Apothecary and The Black Cat. However, all merchants except Mountebank at the Black Cat will continue to update their stock as the story progresses into further stages.
- Ferrystones (and Portcrystals, if available) may now be used as the player wishes.
- Reynard begins to circulate between five locations, each of which he remains at for a few in-game days, namely Cassardis, The Encampment, Gran Soren, the Rest Camp in Devilfire Grove, and the Greatwall Encampment.
- Madeleine moves to within and around the Union Inn in Gran Soren. On completion of the Quest Chasing Shadows, she will move to the Abandoned House in the Venery area, which then becomes Madeleine's Shop.
- Alon becomes accessible as a vendor after completion of his Quest Of Merchants and Monsters in the Ancient Quarry.
- Aestella's, Iola's House, Reynard, Madeleine's Shop, Jayce and Barroch all receive additional stock to what they sold in Stage 1.
Quests at Stage 2
- A Matter of Myrmidons
- Lure of the Abyss
- Any two or more of the following Wyrm Hunt Quests :
That become available during Stage 2:
- A Troublesome Tome
- Reaper's Scorn
- Dying of Curiosity - after completion of A Matter of Myrmidons.
- Deeper Trouble - following completion of Deep Trouble.
- Of Merchants and Monsters
- No Honor Among Thieves
- Thick as Thieves
- Chasing Shadows - after starting the Quest Lure of the Abyss.
- Land of Opportunity - after completion of A Matter of Myrmidons.
- Escort Duty - after having a higher affinity with Fournival. Land of Opportunity allows this quest to be done early.
That must be completed before Stage 2 ends:
Shopping at Stage 2
Items and Gear that typically become first available to buy at Stage 2: