A simple tombstone at Guardian's Grave in the depths of the Witchwood is her grave. In the aftermath of the quest Witchwood she speaks to the Arisen concerning Selene, Arisens, and Pawns; and reveals how over time her pawn Selene came to grow more and more like herself, a process she calls the "Bestowal of Spirit". After explaining this, Selene's pawn print disappears.
- "...For you see I myself was once Arisen. And this girl Selene...was my pawn. The soul of an Arisen can but affect their follower. Given time, the pawn will assume the Arisen's very form....But see well Selene. See how she resembles me. I pray she can soon live her life as a human true. Age and experience separate us Arisen, but i know you ken my words."
- See also: Dragon's Dogma World and Lore
- During the quest Witch Hunt the people refer to a "witch of the woods"- it is not clear if they mean Selene specifically, or if this is some folk memory of Sofiah as well.
- "The witch of the woods was once friend to our village."
- "But with the Faith's arrival she fled here for being branded heretic"
- "It's been an age since the witch last visited our village... In truth, I can't be certain she lives here still."
- Sofiah does not reappear again in the game, outside of her escort quest. However, searching her cairn at a later stage will reveal the Ancient Tablet, an item which can be turned into an Arisen's Bond.
- It is not known if she died as an Arisen (without a heart) or if she gained back her heart and died of old age. She may have slayed her Dragon as a young woman and reclaimed her heart, free to live a normal lifespan (choosing the ending "Peace"); alternatively someone else may have slain the Dragon that took her heart. See Arisen for a speculated Arisen timeline.
- As a ghost, it's unclear how the posting for her escort quest would have appeared on the notice board in Pablos' Inn. Given that Selene relocates to Your House in Cassardis after the completion of Witch Hunt, she might have been the one to post the notice on her former master's behalf.