The Snow Harpy is a stronger variant of the common Harpy, similar in most respects except it is found in colder northern climes of Gransys, and possesses an icy breath that may freeze its targets. They can be distinguished from regular Harpies by their white wings.
They are very weak to fire-based attacks and resistant to ice.
| Base Experience of 450
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide, List of Creature Debilitation Resistances, and in-game testing.|
|Dive Attack||Phys||Quickly dives at a target and slashes them with its talons.|
|Grab||Spec||Grabs a target and attempts to fly off with them, and eventually drops them at great heights.|
|Sing||Status||Starts singing with a sleep-inducing voice, other Snow Harpies often join in to make this process faster.|
|Frost Breath||Mag/Status||Breathes short range ice breath at a target which can cause Frozen Solid status.|
|Knock Off||Phys/Spec||When grabbing onto a flying Snow Harpy, after some time it will knock the passenger off, dropping them to the ground. Fall Damage from a sufficient height will be fatal.|
- Main article: Harpy.
Tactics for dealing with Snow Harpies are the same as for their cousins - however they are tougher and more resistant to magick, but also very weak to fire.
- Any fire based skill, item, spell or weapon is useful against a Snow Harpy.
- All shortbow and longbow users: Equipping Oil Arrows and then using a Fire buff will set these arrows on fire; this is the poor Arisen's Blast Arrow, which are even more effective.
- For Magick Archers: the striking power of an Explosive Bolt is strong enough to down a Snow Harpy, even without exploding the charge.
- If a Pawn gets Frozen solid by the Snow Harpy's breath, the Arisen can simply grab them and put them back down to unfreeze them.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
The Pawn Bestiary Knowledge for Snow Harpies is the same as learnt for the common Harpy. Additionally it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 300 Snow Harpies either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- "Harpies have the advanatage in the air..."
- "That's a harpy's voice!" (no bestiary knowledge)
- "Snow harpy!"
- "A flock of snow harpies!"
- "There, Master! Snow harpies!"
- "Tis within range of our steel!"
- "It's within striking range!"
- "Their screams chill the blood to ice!"