Sleep can be inflicted by a number of creatures, notably by the song of the Harpy and by the goat's head of a Chimera. On Bitterblack Isle, Death will attack the party by casting a sleep spell in a large area of effect with his lantern, then following it up with his fatal Scythe attack.
Sleep is a temporary status ailment and lasts only 20 seconds - being hit or assisted by a party member will wake the victim up. Cured by Bringbout, Light-Cure, Lunanise, Panacea, Peppermint Seed, the spell High Halidom and is also prevented or cured by any spell or item that grants Impervious.
While asleep, the Arisen will lose half as much again (+50%) health from the next blow they receive.
Creatures can take greatly increased damage - often between four and five times as much (4-5x).
- Can be used to grant the party a respite or a chance to avoid a boss battle all together.
- Sleeping enemies are susceptible to Pilfer or Master Thief.
- Pawns will attack sleeping enemies that they would otherwise ignore, such as Spiders or Leapworms.
- Pawns tend to use High Halidom in preference to curatives like Peppermint Seed to cure sleep.
- Version differences :
- ps4 Pawns will use curatives to cure allies of sleep, but cannot cure themselves.
- ps3 Pawns will use curatives to wake themselves
For creature resistances, see List of Creature Debilitation Resistances.
|Master Ring||71 to 90%|
|Preceptor Ring||41 to 60%|
|Virtuoso Ring||11 to 30%|
- List of Armor and Clothing Sets with Sleep resistance
- List of Head Armor with Sleep resistance
- List of Torso Armor with Sleep resistance
- List of Leg Armor with Sleep resistance
- List of Arms Armor with Sleep resistance
- List of Leg Clothing with Sleep resistance
- List of Chest Clothing with Sleep resistance
- List of Cloaks with Sleep resistance