Sleep can be inflicted by a number of creatures, notably by the song of the Harpy and by the goat's head of a Chimera. On Bitterblack Isle, Death will attack the party by casting a sleep spell in a large area of effect with his lantern, then following it up with his fatal Scythe attack.
While asleep, the afflicted will take double damage (or more) from the next blow they receive. Sleep is a temporary status ailment and lasts only 20 seconds - being hit or assisted by a party member will wake the victim up. Cured by Bringbout, Light-Cure, Lunanise, Panacea, Peppermint Seed, the spell High Halidom and is also prevented or cured by any spell or item that grants Impervious.
- Can be used to grant the party a respite or a chance to avoid a boss battle all together.
- Sleeping enemies are more susceptible to Pilfer or Master Thief.
- Pawns will attack sleeping enemies that they would otherwise ignore, such as Spiders or Leapworms.
- Pawns tend to use High Halidom in preference to curatives like Peppermint Seed to cure sleep.
- Version differences :
- (PS4) Pawns will use curatives to cure allies of sleep, but cannot cure themselves.
- (PS3) Pawns will use curatives to wake themselves
For creature resistances, see List of Creature Debilitation Resistances.
|Master Ring||71 to 90%|
|Preceptor Ring||41 to 60%|
|Virtuoso Ring||11 to 30%|
- List of Armor and Clothing Sets with Sleep resistance
- List of Head Armor with Sleep resistance
- List of Torso Armor with Sleep resistance
- List of Leg Armor with Sleep resistance
- List of Arms Armor with Sleep resistance
- List of Leg Clothing with Sleep resistance
- List of Chest Clothing with Sleep resistance
- List of Cloaks with Sleep resistance