Skeleton Lords are dangerous undead warriors encountered in Gransys and on Bitterblack Isle. They were Mystic Knights in life, which is also reflected in their equipment: Skeleton Lords wield Magick Shields similar to a Knight's Honor but roughly one sixth smaller in conjunction with a unique broadsword with a pattern welded blade similar to Undulant Sword. The elements of their armor remind of the Chimeric or Meloirean Armor, with a cape similar to a longer version of the Paladin's Mantle - their armor is more worn and darker or blackened than those equipped by humans and pawns. The individual Lords will wear different gear, including hornless versions of the armet, and varying chest armors.
| Base Experience of 1,400
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
Post-Game, day or night
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide, List of Creature Debilitation Resistances, and in-game testing.|
|Unholy Wall||Mag/Spec||Focuses dark power to form a broad magickal shield in front of it that blocks all frontal and some side attacks. Prevents its guard from ever breaking. Much like Holy Wall.|
|Shield Storm||Phys||A very quick, very powerful bash with the shield, almost always causing stagger or knockdown. Only used if multiple hits are blocked.|
|Burst Strike||Phys||Charges quickly at a target and impales them on its sword/mace. Used as an opening ambush attack, and to close distance.|
|Broad Slash||Phys||Cuts a broad swath with the blade while falling back to avoid attacks.|
|Antler Toss||Phys||Blade uppercut that will propel lightweight enemies off the ground.|
|Full Moon Slash||Phys||Spins with blade extended, drawing a deadly circle just like the Fighter Skill. Only done if the foe received multiple hits on the back or sides.|
- Weak to blunt weapons and attacks.
- Weak to Holy based magick.
- While their Unholy Wall is active, they are impervious to frontal attacks - attempt to flank.
- Watch out for their powerful Shield Storm skill they'll often use after blocking two frontal attacks.
- Vulnerable once knocked down.
- Ruinous Sigil is effective in this respect, and the Skeleton Lords do not seem to detect its threat or purpose.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Attack from behind when Unholy Wall is up
- Grappling may be required (verify)
- May be necessary for the pawn to observe the Skeleton Knight performing each of its attacks (verify)
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Skeleton Lords either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- "Such raw evil!" (no Bestiary knowledge)
- "Skeleton lord!"
- "A skeleton lord, Master, there!"
- "There, Master! Skeleton lords!"
- "Bones... Walking bones!"