Silence prevents the afflicted from casting spells, though they may still use physical attacks and non-spell skills.
Certain creature attacks can inflict Silence, as well as the swamps of the Miasmic Haunt during the day.
Magick Archer's dagger skills Scension, Sunburst, Shadowpin, and Magick Rebuffer and related spells are silenceable; whilst for Mystic Knight the weapon spells Magick Cannon, Funnel Sigil, Stone Grove, and Perilous Sigil and related magick can be silenced.
- For creature resistances, see List of Creature Debilitation Resistances.
|Master Ring||71 to 90%|
|Preceptor Ring||41 to 60%|
|Virtuoso Ring||11 to 30%|
- List of Armor and Clothing Sets with Silence resistance
- List of Head Armor with Silence resistance
- List of Torso Armor with Silence resistance
- List of Leg Armor with Silence resistance
- List of Arms Armor with Silence resistance
- List of Leg Clothing with Silence resistance
- List of Chest Clothing with Silence resistance
- List of Cloaks with Silence resistance
- "You shall not cast!"
- Silence is an especially useful debilitation to inflict upon spellcasting enemies like the Dark Bishop, Liches, Wights, Goblin Shamans, Wyrms, and Frostwyrms, since it renders them effectively harmless because they tend to have no other means of hurting the party and as such the Arisen's offensive tactics can be focused on other targets.
- The higher the enhancement of a Golden Weapon, the higher the chance it will inflict Silence.
- Does not prevent the Chimera's roar, but does prevent the goat's head from casting.
- Doesn't prevent Dragon Roar.