Silence prevents the afflicted from casting most spells; however core skill spells such as Magick Bolt and Focused Bolt are unaffected by Silence, and foes may still cast these, their unholy versions, and some other spells.
Certain creature attacks can inflict Silence, as well as the swamps of the Miasmic Haunt during the day.
Can be cured by Throat Drops, Interventive, Panacea, the group-curative Throat Remedy, the spell Halidom and any spell or item that grants Impervious. Generally silence wears off after one minute if not cured otherwise.
Magick Archer's dagger skills Scension, Sunburst, Shadowpin, and Magick Rebuffer and related spells are silenceable; whilst for Mystic Knight the weapon spells Magick Cannon, Funnel Sigil, Stone Grove, and Perilous Sigil and related magick can be silenced.
Generally if a spell uses stamina it can be silenced, and, if a specific skill can be silenced it can be assumed to be a spell - this is important for Damage Calculation as only spells incorporate core magick into their magick attack power.
|Master Ring||71 to 90%|
|Preceptor Ring||41 to 60%|
|Virtuoso Ring||11 to 30%|
- List of Armor and Clothing Sets with Silence resistance
- List of Head Armor with Silence resistance
- List of Torso Armor with Silence resistance
- List of Leg Armor with Silence resistance
- List of Arms Armor with Silence resistance
- List of Leg Clothing with Silence resistance
- List of Chest Clothing with Silence resistance
- List of Cloaks with Silence resistance
- "You shall not cast!"
- Silence is an especially useful debilitation to inflict upon spellcasting enemies like the Dark Bishop, Liches, Wights, Goblin Shamans, Wyrms, and Frostwyrms, since it renders them effectively harmless because they tend to have no other means of hurting the party and as such the Arisen's offensive tactics can be focused on other targets.
- The higher the enhancement of a Golden Weapon, the higher the chance it will inflict Silence.
- Does not prevent the Chimera's roar, but does prevent the goat's head from casting.
- Doesn't prevent Dragon Roar.
- Easter Egg The pawn line "You shall not cast" is probably a reference to Gandalf's cry when facing the Balrog in the 2001 film The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring where the line "You shall not pass" is delivered in very similar style.