Reynard is looking for rare items from all over the world. Bring him the requested items to gain his trust.
- Note Completion of this quest removes Reynard from the game,until New Game Plus.
Make ten separate deals (purchases or deals) with Reynard to initiate the quest. Once Reynard recognises the Arisen as a familiar customer, he will offer the quest and claim he needs a piece of Scrap Iron. Bring him one to progress the quest.
Afterwards, make an additional five deals with him. He should now ask for a Miasmite; fetch this.
Next, make ten more deals. Reynard will reveal he is actually looking for signs of his missing father, and that the earlier requests were just tests to see if he could trust the Arisen with his burden. There are six journal entries scattered throughout Gransys. Retrieve all of them for Reynard's gratitude.
There are six journal entries to find :
- First Journal Entry, in a chest behind a tent in The Encampment.
- Second Journal Entry, in a chest in the second level underground of The Catacombs †.
- Third Journal Entry, in a chest in the Venery in Gran Soren, only accessible from the rooftops. Climb up to the roof of The Black Cat and look for a tiny alley just northwest, only reachable with a ladder.
- Fourth Journal Entry: In a chest in the camp near the Miasmic Haunt in Barta Crags †.
- Fifth Journal Entry, in a chest in Soulflayer Canyon †.
- Final Journal Entry, in a chest in The Ancient Quarry †.
- † See the main region articles for the location of the chests.
- Each of the ten deals required at the beginning of the quest require one to make at least one transaction with him, and bid him farewell. Buying and or selling ten items in one visit, will not activate the quest. (Requesting enhancing also counts.)
- Reynard's location is marked on the main map with this quest active - for more details on his travels see Reynard.
- In New Game Plus, items for the quest, including journal pages, can be withdrawn from storage if present rather than found. All journal entries are forgeable at The Black Cat.
- If Reynard is the Arisen's Beloved, Search Party will be cancelled upon completion of Deny Salvation.
- If Reynard is not the Arisen's Beloved, Search Party will be cancelled upon completion of The Final Battle.
- Search Party can not be initiated during Trial and Tribulations due to Reynard's special inventory and dialogue during this quest. Once completed, that restriction is no longer in effect.
- (Glitch) ps3, xbox360 In Dragon's Dogma if the quest is immediately completed by taking all quest items and pages from storage as soon as Call of the Arisen is completed, the cutscene plays and Reynard leaves, but is back again after a short while, ready to trade.