- "Accept the Duke's Treasures."
A Royal Orders Quest. The Arisen's star is rising following his good work for the Duchy - Duke Edmun has set another task which this time involves the Arisen going a long way away for an extended period of time.
- Caution! Upon completion of this quest, the quests Rise of the Fallen, Talent in Bloom, A Parting Gift and Arousing Suspicion will no longer be available or will be automatically failed if already begun.
Duke Edmun has another mission for the Arisen. Meet him in his upstairs solar on the western side of the second floor. After speaking with him, follow him down to the guarded Treasury room and collect a sizable reward.
Aldous warns that this is going to be a "long campaign", which never occurs due to intervening events. A messenger brings news of an attack on The Greatwall, changing the Duke's plans for the Arisen. This will complete Reward and Responsibility and start Deny Salvation.
- 20,000 Experience points, 35 Rift Crystals and 53,500 Gold to be taken from the Duke's treasury.
- The Paladin's Mantle if the Duke has the genuine Wyrmking's Ring in his possession.
- The Treasury also contains a Badge of Merit, and a Golden Bastard sword in chests, plus a Grand Surcoat, Foreign Medicament,Balmy Incense and Goddess Cameo all gatherable from within the room.
- The Message is unlocked upon completion of Reward and Responsibility.
- Mirabelle will seek the Arisen's help with the lady Aelinore if Arousing Suspicion was completed earlier. If so she may be found around the Demesne seeking the Arisen to take on the quest Duchess In Distress.
- There is no great haste in retaking the Greatwall - the Salvation members will not advance further if they are not dealt with immediately.
- It is possible to still obtain the Paladin's Mantle by theft even if the Arisen gave Aldous a forged copy of the Wyrmking's Ring. See the article Treasury for details of breaking in.
- If the Treasury was burgled before Reward and Responsibility the gold will be renewed, but if the chest was opened the Duke will not attempt to open it himself - for more details see Treasury.
|The End at the Beginning · Harbinger of Destruction · Newly Arisen · Upon a Pawn|
Call of the Arisen · A Rude Awakening · Off With Its Head ·A Matter of Myrmidons
Lure of the Abyss · The Cypher · A Fortress Besieged · Seeking Salvation · The Watergod's Altar
Come to Court · Griffin's Bane · Trial and Tribulations · Pride Before a Fall · The Wyrmking's Ring
Honor and Treachery · Reward and Responsibility · Deny Salvation · The Final Battle
|A Warm Welcome · Fathom Deep · Final Judgement · The Great Hereafter|