Rancid Bait Meat is an item available in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.
- "A hunk of flesh redolent with a sickly sweet aroma. Place it within an area of Bitterblack Isle to increase the chance of carrion-feeding monsters appearing."
Rancid Bait meat can be obtained by purifying Bitterblack Novelty Lv.1, and be found in chests throughout Bitterblack Isle, or occasionally lying around, such as in the Midnight Helix. Additionally it is sold by Barroch after completion of the Quest Eyes of the Deep.
Placing Bait Meat in certain areas causes a Necrophage to appear.
2 Star Enhancement
- 2x for 2 Star Enhancement of Purged Buckler.
- If the bait is placed outside the locale within the area the Necrophage appears the creature will not appear until the party enters that specific place, but will still work.
- The bait may not work twice in a row in the same place. (Save-Reload exploits can override this.)
- Necrophages appear randomly too. In such cases they will sometimes be seen feasting on some meat from an unknown source - in other cases the creature will appear from nowhere.
- (Exploit) The meat can be used to repeatedly battle Necrophages - for details see Farming Exploits.