Rancid Bait Meat is an item available in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.
- "A hunk of flesh redolent with a sickly sweet aroma. Place it within an area of Bitterblack Isle to increase the chance of carrion-feeding monsters appearing."
Placing Bait Meat in certain areas causes a Necrophage to appear.
- Rancid Bait meat can be obtained by purifying Bitterblack Novelty Lv.1.
- Can be found in chests throughout Bitterblack Isle.
- Additionally it is sold by Barroch after completion of the Quest Eyes of the Deep.
2 Star Enhancement
- 2x for 2 Star Enhancement of Purged Buckler.
- If the bait is placed outside the locale within the area the Necrophage is set to appear the creature will not spawn until the party enters that specific place.
- Each bait guarantees Necrophage to appear on two subsequent visits.
- Next bait may not work in the same location (quitting and loading fixes this).
- Necrophages appear randomly too. In such cases they will sometimes be seen feasting on some meat from an unknown source - in other cases the creature will appear from nowhere.
- (Exploit) The meat can be used to repeatedly battle Necrophages - for details see Farming Exploits.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.