Portcrystal is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
- "A marker to be placed anywhere one might wish to return; use of a ferrystone will transport you there in an instant. Traversal item."
Portcrystals are items that can be placed in the world and teleported to with a Ferrystone. Portcrystals can be picked up and set down whenever one wishes to relocate it - there are also permanent portcrystal rings - notably the one outside the Pawn Guild in Gran Soren.
Permanent portcrystal sites are found in a few key locations of Gransys - they consist of several darkened Portcrystal stones embedded in the ground forming a ring.
Portable Portcrystals are heavy but carryable items, that are self illuminated with a blueish light. The can be picked up and places at any location in the open areas of Gransys, but can't be used on Bitterblack Isle, or placed in underground locations, or habited areas like Cassardis.
- A Portcrystal can be found at the top of Bluemoon Tower.
- Four further Portcrystals were added in the Dark Arisen expansion:
2 Star Enhancement
- 1x for 2 Star Enhancement of Dragon's Flight.
3 Star Enhancement
- 1x for 3 Star Enhancement of Conqueror's Mantle.
- Placed Portcrystals can be picked up again and placed elsewhere an unlimited number of times.
- Cannot be placed inside areas like cities, caves, dungeons, etc.
- Cannot be placed anywhere within Bitterblack Isle.
- Can only be placed in the outside (outdoor) world of Gransys.
- Only 10 portable Portcrystals can be placed around the world at any one time.
- Portcrystals can be forged, but a Portcrystal Forgery does not have the transversal properties of a real Portcrystal (i.e. it doesn't work).
- Deployed Portcrystals placed by the Arisen will remain where they are when New Game Plus is started.
- Portcrystals picked up from the first play-through will respawn in New Game Plus, allowing the Arisen to collect them again.
- Portcrystals can be gifted to other players.