- For the assassin named Phantom, see Nameless Terror.
Phantoms are Ghosts commonly found in Gransys. They appear during the night and in ominous places like underground dungeons. Phantoms will cling onto their victims, affect their movement and drain their health rapidly. Pawns slain by Phantoms in this manner cannot be revived by the Arisen, become forfeit and must be re-hired from a Riftstone.
| Base Experience of 380
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' and in-game testing.|
- § Except when possessing a victim
|Light Possession||Spec||Grabs onto a target's head, and drains small amounts of health for around half a minute afore leaving its host. Whilst possessing an ally, the ghost is vulnerable to physical attacks.
Whilst in possession of a host, the ghost restores its health.
|Heavy Possession||Spec||Grabs onto the head and upper body of a target, and drains large amounts of health every few seconds until its host dies. Whilst possessing a host, the ghost is vulnerable to physical attacks.|
|Fade||Spec||The Phantom will fade out of this plane to avoid damage for a time. When it reappears, it will be where it was before.|
|Floating Charge||Spec||This is the primary mode of moving. It will rush at targets, causing stagger.|
|Ghostly Discharge||Spec||Starts pulsating, increases in size and eventually discharges, causing stagger and may inflict Silence to anyone near it.|
- Pawns whose health is reduced to zero by the possession attacks are returned to the Rift immediately and cannot be revived.
- The Legion's Might staff can't revive pawns slain by ghosts in this manner.
- Whilst under the influence of ghosts, Pawns will not use healing curatives.
- Vulnerable to magick attacks.
- Weak against Holy magick, and holy weapon enchantments.
- Vulnerable to physical attacks when they possess allies.
- A Phantom's hold on a pawn can also be ended by grabbing and carrying the pawn.
- When adventuring solo, a ghost's possession attack may sometimes be broken physically by throwing an item, or by throwing an explosive against a nearby wall.
- Resistant to Great Sacrifice if directly hit.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Weak to Holy
- Witness a possession and free the possessed
- The scroll Ghost Tactics Vol. 2 grants Phantom specific knowledge.
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Phantoms either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
More information can be found on the Bestiary page.
- "Swords are useless!"
- "An ally's blow will dislodge the ghost!"
- "A forsaken soul floats in the air!"
- "It grows with the life it steals!"
- "Phantoms release their hosts when attacked!"
- "Call for help if a phantom takes hold."
- "It grew!?"
- "We cannot let it wail! I'll respond with magickal light"
- There are encountered two forms of Phantom:
- Minor. Small, weak form, dealing insignificant damage on grab (Light Possession).
- Fully grown, bigger, much more resistant form, able to perform Heavy Possession grab.
- Minor form may "grow" by means of Light Possession.
- Fully grown Phantom will shrink back to normal when sustained enough damage.
- The amount of damage done by their heavy possession attack seems roughly equivalent to either the core strength or defense of the host - usually a little more.
- Melee attacks are ineffective - unenchanted weapons may inflict a very small amount of damage, less than 10hp.
- Usually appear in groups of three or more.