Ophis's Domain is a palisade enclosed space in the northwestern part of the Barta Crags south of the Greatwall Encampment. At first glance, the place seems as though it may be a soldier camp, but upon closer inspection, it turns out to be a giant corral. This corral is where Ophis keeps her beloved pet Cyclops.
A female thief, Aurene, has been left in charge of the domain. She is not hostile, even in the presence of male party members.
There are three chests in the area.
- Silver Vest, Pauldron, or Black Gaiters
- Forest Tunic, Thunder Kite Shield, or Ingot Club
- Panacea, Liquid Vim, or Salubrious Brew.
Feeding the cyclops
The pet Cyclops is tame enough to be fed - feeding it forms part of the quest Thick as Thieves.
To feed the Cyclops, capture or kill a monster and carry it to the Cyclops- Goblins are a good choice. A dead offering can be left at the Cyclop's feet, or upon its "dinner table". A live offering is best carried and held in front of the Cyclops - though this method risks the carrier become a meal instead.
The Cyclops will only feed once it notices the offering - this should be placed in front of the Cyclops at its feet.
Take good care to not accidentally hit the Cyclops - once enraged the creature will likely need to be killed and is never replaced - furthmore Ophis will never forgive the killer. The Cyclops is very docile and never initiates an attack, and can even be climbed - the Cyclops doesn't mind at all. However it is stupid and will try to make a meal of any standing still in the wrong place for too long.
" 'Tis hard not to feel small in a chamber built to a cyclops's scale."
" 'Tis a queer growl comes from beyond the paling... "
- Outside the entrance to the domain, six stone coffins are scattered around. Upon examining the first coffin, the following description is given: "Mark well the fate of fools with designs on my pet. -Ophis of the Westron Labrys".
- There's also a lone Crow that flys around above here.