- "An advanced form of Easy Kill that parries and counters a blow, biting deeper than its predecessor."
An advanced version of Easy Kill.
Masterful Kill functions as a very effective counter to most direct physical attacks - once activated the Arisen stands poised to counter, and once an attack is made, will counter with a mount and stab counterattack on the foe.
Usage and Tactics
Both Easy Kill and Masterful Kill have no time limit. Once is activated, provided the Arisen does not move or perform any actions, the next physical attack that strikes the Arisen will a counter.
- Being staggered or knocked down, including from a ranged or magick attacks cancels the skill.
- While awaiting an incoming attack with Masterful Kill activated, the Arisen's stamina will not regenerate or deplete.
These skills cannot counter :
- Death's scythe.
- Enemy grab attacks including Eliminator foot stomp and Archydra bite..
- Arrows or other ranged attacks like Hellhound fireballs and goblin stone throws.
- Most magic spells.
- Julien in the quest Pride Before a Fall.
However a few spell can be countered including :
- It has invincibility frames, unlike Clairvoyance. The Arisen cannot be hurt during the counter animation.
- Can be used to inflict debilitations with Rusted, Golden or Aneled Daggers.
- Masterful Kill strikes up to four times against larger enemies.
- Damage is boosted by the augment Eminence.
- Clairvoyance - the sword equivalent. Unlike Masterful Kill, Clairvoyance has a time window in which the riposte must be performed.