'Dragon's Dogma' Lore: Master Thief
Do you like this video?
- "An advanced form of Pilfer that lets the user steal multiple items at once and increases the chances of nabbing rare items."
An advanced version of Pilfer that typically steals two or more instead of one.
- In general, creatures must be Grappled, Blinded, or Sleeping for this skill to work.
- A few small creatures, Fauna and non-aggressive persons like Wandering Pawns may be stolen from without first making them vulnerable.
- Enemy spellcasters (such as Skeleton Sorcerers or Goblin Shamans) can be stolen from whilst they are casting - some spellcasters have nothing to steal under these conditions, whilst others yield items reliably.
- If enemies can be approached whilst 'out of battle stance' (unawares) they may be successfully stolen from.
- Successfully using this skill on a creature means the creature will not drop any items upon defeat.
- Strider pawns will use this skill sparingly.
- Fighter or Warrior pawns with the Utilitarian inclination will assist more often with holding enemies.
- Using Ensnare/Implicate or Soaring Stone will either stagger or knock down most small and medium-sized enemies, increasing the chance that a pawn will grapple them.
- Even when over encumbered, Master Thief and Pilfer can still be used to obtain more items.
- (Exploit) Responds to save reloading or 'Godsbaning' by changing potential drop.
- (Exploit) In Dark Arisen, it is possible to continuously steal items like Bitterblack Gear Lv.3 and Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3 from a Gorecyclops (Condemned). Simply use Master Thief on the chained Gorecyclops in the Midnight Helix, leave and re-enter the room. This resets the four items in the Gorecyclops' possession, and the Arisen can successfully steal from him again. This tactic can be used in early Bitterblack Isle to farm high level items without much danger.
- Stolen Gorecyclops materials can be sold for a good price, so this method is an easy way to earn Gold early on.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.