Magick is a primary Stat representing magickal power; it influences the power of spells cast. Magickal items may also have a magick stat, which can positively influence the power of spells cast when the item is used in casting.
The ability to withstand magickal damage is represented by Magick Defense.
Weapon Magick indicates the power of magickal weapons; the right (primary) and left (secondary) weapons of a character are listed separately. A caster's innate Magick has a direct influence on the amount of damage a spell (such as Great Cannon or Maelstrom) or magick weapon (such as a Staff or Magick Bow) performs. However a user's magick stat does not contribute to the damage generated from an enchanted physical weapon when performing physical attacks (see Weapon enchantment for details).
The magick stat does not have any impact on the healing effect of spells such as High Anodyne, curative spells like Halidom, debilitating spells like Sopor, or spells that cause Invigorations such as Ward Arrow.
|Augment||Description||Unlocked by Vocation|
|Attunement||Increases magick by 10%||Mage|
|Acuity||Increases magick by 20%||Sorcerer|
|Equanimity||Increases magick by 50% (20% Dark Arisen) if health is critical||Mage|
|Bloodlust||Increases magick by 70% (20% Dark Arisen) at nighttime||Assassin|
|Autonomy||Increases magick by 70% (20% Dark Arisen) if playing alone||Assassin|
|Ferocity||Increases magick by 10% when you perform a Core Skill||Warrior|
|Retribution||Increases magick of Pawns revived from unconscious status by 20% for one minute.||Mystic Knight|
Magick growth with level is highest, in order, by leveling as Sorcerer, then Mage. Mystic Knight, Magick Archer and Strider have average magick growth and all other vocations have below average magick growth.
- Periapts, potions, and skills that cause the Invigoration of Magick Boosted increase magick attack power, but the actual value added is not shown in any menu; the stat figures don't change.
- The effects of magick boosting augments are shown in totals in the menus.
- Some of these augment effects only activate under certain conditions, depending on the character's environment, state of health or even the selected skill.
- Sometimes also referred to as Magick Strength or Magick Attack; may be abbreviated to MAG or MATT.
- Maximum core magic, fromm leveling as Sorcerer is 866. With a goldforged Sanguine Stalk total magick can be 866+1730 = 2596, and with two Master Rings (+100 x2), Trophy Armor Set (+70), and a Diadem (+10) it can be increase to 2876. With sufficient Magick_Boosting_Augments this can be increased by a maximum of 1.8x to 5177.