Living Armors can be found on Bitterblack Isle. They utilize advanced sword techniques from both the Fighter and Mystic Knight vocations; they wield a sword modeled after Saving Grace in one hand and a shield similar to Dragon's Faith in the other.
| Base Experience of 35,000
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp) and in-game testing.|
- † Magick Defense in the spectral form is much reduced
Spins with its blade extended, slicing through multiple foes with a huge range.
Releases a stabbing strike straight forward and appends a tackle to a forceful jab.
Quickly ducks back before countering with a slashing charge.
Slams close-ranged targets with its massive shield, knocking them back and breaking their guard.
Lowers itself and then drags its blade skyward in a deadly arc, sends targets into the air.
Performs a three-hit combo with its sword.
Repositions itself around its target while cutting a broad swath with its sword, potentially hitting around its target's shield.
Slams the pommel of its sword down on the ground, crushing anyone standing directly in front of it. This attack is completely unblockable.
- Immune to all debilitations.
- Holy cures such as Anodyne and Halidom will damage this ghostly creature.
- The external armor is more effectively damaged with physical strikes and will break off once the Living Armor's health reaches halfway.
- The inner spectral aura can only be damaged by magick and enchanted weapons, similar to other ghostly enemies.
- Susceptible to Fall Damage.
- When fighting in the Sparyard of Scant Mercy, the Arisen can stand on the edge by the entrance from The Bloodless Stockade. Luring the Living Armor with ranged attacks or having it chase the Arisen up the staircase may cause the Living Armor to leap off of the edge, causing massive damage.
- Lure the Living Armor to the edge of a cliff, get behind it and use a skill with high knockdown like Terrible Bend, or Dragon's Maw to inflict heavy fall damage or death.
- Their large shields will nullify many attacks - the best time to inflict damage is when they have just finished an attack or when distracted by pawns.
- Living Armors are also vulnerable from the rear as their shields do not protect their backs.
- As a skeletal creature, attack power is greatly boosted by use of Sickening Skull.
- Coin Purse of Charity or Throwblasts can damage its spectral aura.
- The weak spot is located inbetween its sallet and chestplate.
- The spot may be a hard target. Mighty Bend skill allows hitting the spot reliably from the front on the same level, even through block, to devastating effect.
- Frontal attacks will eventually be knocked down by its Shield Strike counterattack, or by their Perfect Blocking.
- Generally constantly attacking will force it to block disrupting almost all of its attacks. And using ranged attacks of considerable rate from afar will pin it down in one place without any retaliation.
- A red aura glowing around their head whilst the Armor stands indicates it is charging the dangerous Stone Forest attack - either avoid the spell, or attempt to interrupt it.
- Be wary near cliff edges, as the Living Armor's attacks can easily knock the Arisen and pawns off the edge to their deaths.
- Living Armors have very high knockdown capability. Instant Reset will quickly return the Arisen back to the feet. Use the dagger skill Forward Roll to dodge its attacks.
- Skills with invincibiilty frames, such as Dragon's Maw and Full Moon Slash can be used as a defensive move to avoid incoming attacks.
- If facing multiple Living Armors, try luring them out one or two at a time to limit the size of the skirmish. Living Armors tend to hold their positions until an enemy approaches their personal space, so lure one away then fall back to engage them one at a time.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
Enemy specific :
- Break armor once half HP has been reached
- Attack from behind when it is blocking with its shield
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Living Armors either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- "Over there! Living Armor!"
- "Rgh, damn their shields! Strike from the rear!"
- "Let's circle round the back!"
- "The armor is sundered?"
- "Physical attacks no longer work!"
- "What evil dwells within that armor?!"
- "It's every blow is fearsome strong!"
- "Such raw evil!"
- "Aim for their backs!"
- " 'Tis quite skilled with blade!"