Leapworms are commonly found on Bitterblack Isle. These small critters seem to prefer dark and humid places and can be encountered in confined spaces such as sewers and passageways. Leapworms hide in piles of bones and behind chests and crates until a target approaches, they will then all of a sudden leap forward or fall from the ceiling and ambush them.
Leapworms attack with a short jump and bite that can inflict Lowered Defense. Their blood-spray upon death inflicts this debilitation as well.
| Base Experience of 280
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp) and in-game testing.|
- They are extremely susceptible to being frozen, so having the ice enchantment or an ice-based weapon or spell is recommended. It will also render their blood-spray ineffective.
- Can be put to sleep and torpored. Also vulnerable to burning and poison.
- Susceptible to chain-lightning when in groups.
- Concealed Leapworms can be dispatched by some spells, notably Exequy and by Strider's bow skill Downpour Volley.
- Can be picked up, rendering them harmless for a time, and thrown.
- High Voidspell and spells and potions that grant the Impervious status are useful if Leapworms managed to inflict Lowered Defense.
- It is often better to just run past hordes of these as they are rarely worth stopping for to kill.
- When Leapworms are encountered in the Vault of Defiled Truth, hanging on a low edge will confuse them. Leapworms will continue to squirm to and fro without jumping at the Arisen, though their 'jelly spray' will reach.
- Leapworms cannot be slain or countered with Masterful Kill.
- Generally Pre-Daimon one should expect those hiding in large heaps of bones, though many are concealed in water or at the ceilings too. Post-Daimon they can lurk in such exotic places as hay stacks and dark corners.
- Presence of all concealed Leapworms can be detected as they produce distinctive chirp when party closes. Also, Magick Archer's Magickal Flare, Gleam and Radiance and Strider's Dazzle Hold and Dazzle Blast skills reveal ground level ones.