- "An advanced form of Reset employable even while under attack that returns the user to a neutral stance, eliminating openings caused by other actions."
Using Instant Reset immediately ends the action (animation) after or during skill usage. This can be used to cancel mis-aimed attacks, or to rapidly terminate end of skill actions.
This under-appreciated skill allows quick cancellation of skills and their terminal animations. Instant Reset alone adds quick recovery after being struck, knocked down, knocked back or staggered.
- Allows a rapid dismount whilst climbing a monster to avoid being grabbed and eaten. The Arisen can even immediately re-grab a lower part of the monster on the way down and climb back up.
- Can only be performed one time in the air, before landing. So, for example, repeated Double Vault/Instant Reset chains can not be used to jump infinite distances.
- Can be used to speed up bottle filling, such as collecting Spring Water at a Healing Spring by resetting as soon as the cork is in the bottle.
- Pawns use this skill, but it is very hard to observe. The most common pawn usage is to cancel a dodge roll to immediately commence shooting with its longbow or shortbow.
- Magick Archer : For higher jumps, try this combo: Double Vault, Reset, Sunflare while in mid-air.
Instant Reset only
- Instant Reset also allows the Arisen to revive a pawn very quickly; allowing one to run into danger, aid the pawn, and run out before being attacked, or reviving multiple pawns swiftly.