- "Caxton seeks an idol that will facilitate commerce with an able weaponsmith. Help him, that he might repay the favor."
Deliver an Idol to Caxton.
This quest becomes immediately available from Caxton in Gran Soren after meeting the Duke in the quest Come to Court. Caxton seeks a prized idol as a status symbol to get better supplies for his store.
Gift a real or forged idol to complete the quest.
- A Bronze Idol can be found in the lair of The Dragonforged at Hillfigure Knoll, as well as the Witch's House in the Witchwood.
Depending on the Idol given, Caxton will start selling equipment of varying levels as listed below. Forged idols complete the quest but do not give any subsequent benefits to the shopkeeper's inventory.
- † Reynard's quest Search Party must be partially completed to unlock his items
|Chest||Quest or Vendor|
|Eden's Warden||Sword||Catacombs, Ancient Quarry, The Watergod's Altar, Tomb of the Unknown Traveler (sword in stone)||Reynard †|
|Obliteratrix||Mace||The Shadow Fort, Ancient Quarry, The Watergod's Altar, Verda Woodlands|
|Scalding Razors||Dagger||Catacombs, The Shadow Fort, Ancient Quarry, Tomb of the Unknown Traveler (sword in the stone)||Madeleine|
|Thunderclap||Staff||Witch's House, Ancient Quarry, The Watergod's Altar, Storage Shed||Madeleine|
|Feather-Light Pelta||Shield||Catacombs,Ancient Quarry, Bloodwater Beach (weapon pile)||Reynard †|
|Magick Buckler||Magick Shield||Catacombs, Witchwood, The Everfall, and Noonflower Cliff Cave (weapon pile)||Joye|
|Direwolf Bow||Shortbow||Witchwood, The Shadow Fort, The Watergod's Altar, campsite below Noonflower Cliff Cave (weapon pile)||Madeleine, Jayce, Barroch|
Caxton, upon receiving the idol:
"Beautiful... The quality of craft is plain to see."
"Yes, this will do nicely..."
"Mm... Quite simple, isn't it? But no matter..."
- This quest is identical to Madeleine's Supplier's Demand quest, so the Arisen must choose who gets the better Idol. Madeleine generally carries better magick equipment, whilst Caxton specializes in weaponry and heavy armor.
- Only one Idol can be given per playthrough. A Gold Idol cannot later be given if a Bronze Idol or Silver Idol has already been presented.
- Inventories in New Game Plus :
- 360, ps3 The inventories are automatically expanded to include idol rewards, irrespective of whether the quest was completed.
- ps4, xone, pc The inventories remain as before, and depend on the idol quest being completed.