- "An advanced form of Holy Glare that conjures mightier beams and remains active for a longer period of time."
An advanced version of Holy Glare, which extends the duration to around 20 seconds.
Use and tactics
The spell unleashes an enormous nimbus of interweaving magick lances around the Arisen, dealing Holy damage to every enemy within its wide radius for several seconds.
After the spell dissipates, the entire party will be completely Stamina-fatigued - requiring restorative item use, or a pause for recovery. The 3rd tier spell Holy Retribution does not completely deplete stamina when it dissipates.
To reduce or elimate the pause whilst the party recovers stamina, a number of precautions can be taken:
- The Grit augment reduces the recovery time.
- Bitterblack Lv.3 gauntlets with the enhancement "Restores Stamina when you deliver the killing blow to the enemy" will refresh the user's stamina upon an enemy's death, see Dark Arisen Bonus Enhancements for more information.
- Bring group stamina curatives like Mushroom Potage, so the party is not exposed to possible counterattacks while they are vulnerable. By having Mushroom Potage as the pawn's only available curative, they will use it to refresh the entire party (sparing the Arisen the effort of opening the inventory menu to manually use a Mushroom Potage themselves).
- The Arisen can immediately re-cast Holy Furor a second time before the first Holy Furor dissipates. The skill animation will reset and the party will not experience stamina fatigue (until the Arisen eventually decides to stop spamming Holy Furor). This skill-spamming can be continuously repeated as many times as the Arisen chooses or is interrupted.
- If another charging skill (e.g., Ruinous Sigil) is charging or charged when the previous Furor spell dissipates, the stamina-loss will also be avoided.
- (PS4) If a spell is being cast when Holy Furor dissipates the stamina loss will occur, but the caster will not be interrupted from casting, avoiding the 'gasping' effect of running out of stamina.
- Holy Furor spells are cast by Grigori, the Ur-Dragon, the Dark Bishop.
- Beacons located deep within Bitterblack Isle also emit this spell when lit.
- The Surging Light Tome casts a spell similar to Holy Furor, and is usable by all classes. The spell cast with the tome has positive, not negative stamina effects.
- (Exploit) Swapping the magick shield for another before the spell dissipates prevents the termination of the spell depleting stamina.