The Gorechimera is a stronger version of the common Chimera; it has more health, different attacks and the ability to regenerate. It can be found throughout Gransys during Post-Game and on Bitterblack Isle Post-Daimon. Several Chimeras are replaced by Gorechimeras in the Post-Game, though the first one is encountered before the battle with the Dragon, in the location a Chimera was fought during the prologue.
The Goat can cast Anodyne which restores the creature's overall health, but not the damage to the individual heads. If the snake tail is cut off, it will regenerate in a manner similar to a Hydra. Their coloration differs from the regular Chimera in that it has a black lion head, a dark reddish snake tail, and a white goat's head.
The Gorechimera's goat head is vulnerable to physical attacks, while the lion head is vulnerable to magick, just like the common Chimera's.
|Base Experience of 13,000
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
Bitterblack Isle (Post-Daimon)
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide, List of Creature Debilitation Resistances, and in-game testing.|
- Mixed values are for the Lion / Goat / Snake
- Lion and Goat's health contribute to the main health bar, the snake's health is separate.
- Physical and magickal power is thought to increase when the Goat or Lion are killed respectively.(verify)
|Lion||Charge||Phys||Charges at a target. May cause Knockdown.|
|Roar||Spec||The lion roars which knocks back anyone close by.|
|Lion's Meal||Phys||The lion will pounce on a sleeping or downed target and proceed to chew on them, dealing high damage.|
|Rampage||Phys||When the lion is the last head remaining, it will charge at random targets in quick succession and be difficult to hit.|
|Goat||Lassitude||Mag/Status||The goat casts a torpor inducing field which will slow down anyone within.|
|Anodyne||Mag/Spec||The Goat will heal the Gorechimera with this spell.|
|Sopor||Mag/Status||Casts a sleeping spell that will cause anyone near it to fall asleep.|
|Exequy||Mag||A circular red sigil will appear and begin charging. Anyone within it when it finishes charging will be instantly killed. Unlike the sorcerer's exequy spell, the Gorechimera does not need to channel it.|
|Back kick||Phys||A powerful kick with the creature's hind legs|
|Snake||Grab||Phys||Grabs a target and hoists them into the air. Holds them in position for the goat, which will lick, inflicting Drenched. May be followed by the snake throwing the target on the ground in front of the lion, which will use its Lion's Meal attack.|
|Acid Sludge||Mag/Status||The snake spews acid in a sweeping arc that will linger on the ground. Jet and subsequent acid cloud may inflict Tarring, Lowered Defense and Burning.|
|Snake Bite||Phys||The snake will bite anyone near it, or climbing on the Gorechimera.|
- See also: Chimera
When fighting a Gorechimera, very similar tactics should be used as with a normal Chimera as the behavior and abilities are much the same. A few exceptions:
- Killing the goat should be a priority as its healing spell can constantly restore its health and prolong the fight - alternatively, interrupt its casting or silence it.
- While Anodyne can heal the creature's entire health, the Lion and the Goat heads will not be revived once killed. The snake on the other hand grows back again and again, as it has a separate health bar from the main body.
- Gorechimeras can be poisoned.
- Instead of poison, the snake head spews a much more potent acid pool that deals significantly more damage and may cause Burning, Tarring and Lowered Defense.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Weak to Ice
- Weak to Holy
- Cutting off the Snake tail then using a Fire based attack to sear the stump and delay its regrowth grants knowledge. (Similar with the Hydra heads)
- Witnessing the Goat cast Anodyne to heal itself may grant knowledge.
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it may be necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 30 Gorechimeras either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
Pawns comment as they would with a regular Chimera. In addition:
- "A gorechimera?! We've no choice..." (on spotting)
- "There! A gorechimera!" (on spotting)
- "A black chimera! This won't be easy..."
- "The goat casts spells of death!" (on casting Exequy)
- "What!? 'Tis confused from our attack!"
- "The tail's regrown!?"
- "Defeating the goat's head makes a chimera wild." (bad knowledge flag?)
- "Slay the goat ere it heals the body!"
- "Magick will still the lion's head!"
- It is possible to kill all of the heads, with the creature still alive - this is usually a consequence of the Goat casting healing spells when both the other heads are dead. After some time snake will grow back. While in this state, however, the Gorechimera cannot attack (with the exception on the rear leg's back kick) and behaves oddly, runs around the area aimlessly and occasionally emits a sound-less roar - despite the Lion already being dead.
- When finally defeated, it still emits the Goat's death scream.