- See also: Elemental Debilitation
A fully frozen person or creature takes double damage if hit with a physical attack from the next attack. Being hit always disperses the frozen status. Targets killed while frozen shatter into pieces.
Large creatures such as Drakes, Cyclops, or Ogres cannot be totally frozen, but may have parts of their body iced up. In these cases the ice forms a protective barrier, absorbing damage - when such a frozen part is hit damage is reduced, sometimes substantially.
The Shoulder Cape also protects against being frozen.
Notes and Tactics
- Frozen resistance appears to be a hidden stat in that its effect is not listed in the items debilitation resistance stats. The effect may be mentioned in an item's description.
- Magick attacks on a frozen creature or person will release them, but there is no damage increase.
- Thrown Damage is also doubled, including Coin Purse of Charity
- Drench first with water to increase the chance of freezing.
- Frozen doesn't show as a debiliation on giant creatures when only part of their body is affected.
- Lure enemies towards a water source and then quickly use Ice based weapons or spells.
- If a pawn becomes Frozen, Carry them (pick them up) quickly to unfreeze them.
- When frozen, wriggle (L-stick), to un-freeze oneself.
- Being shattered doesn't seem to affect loot..