The Fortress of Remembrance is a location on Bitterblack Isle. It is entered through the Corridor of Emptiness, has access to The Black Abbey, The Pilgrim's Gauntlet, and leads to Tower of Treasons Repaid (which provides access to the Forsaken Cathedral).
Also, a Maneater will lurk in a random chest.
Pre-Daimon the area will contain a Banshee and four Undead on the first floor bridge to Corridor of Emptiness; two Skeleton Brutes on the first floor after climbing a ladder on the way to The Pilgrim's Gauntlet; four Succubi near The Pilgrim's Gauntlet; an Eliminator in the tower with the Riftstone; and four Wargs near The Black Abbey. Giant Rats can also be found. Additionally, an Elder Ogre may randomly appear, either on the bridge to the Corridor of Emptiness or on the Fourth Level Underground next to chest #16.
Post-Daimon, the enemies appear in two formations:
- Three Strigoi and three Wraiths on the first floor bridge to the Corridor of Emptiness; Corrupted Pawns near chest #4; two Liches and an Eliminator on the bridge leading to the Fortress' tower; Leapworms on the Second and Fourth Level Underground; Wraiths near The Black Abbey; more Corrupted Pawns and a Wraith on the Third Level Underground; Giant Undead, Wraiths and two Eliminators on the bridge leading to the Tower of Treasons Repaid; and Death may randomly appear.
- Poisoned Undead and Wargs on the first bridge; Leapworms on the first floor near chest #4, and on the Second and Fourth Level Underground; a Lich and Poisoned Undead on the bridge leading to the Fortress' tower; more Poisoned Undead near The Black Abbey; Giant Undead and a Banshee on the Third Level Underground; another Lich, Skeleton Lords, and Poisoned Undead on the bridge leading to the Tower of Treasons Repaid; and an Elder Ogre may randomly appear.
General items found in the area include Sconces, Coin Pouches, Harspud Sauce, Panacea, Skulls, Brick, Purifying Brew, and Empty Flasks, as well as a Bitterblack Gear Lv.1 which may be found in a gather spot on the first bridge. Breakable objects may yield Angel's Periapt, Foreign Knife, Harspud Juice, Harspud Sauce, Mage's Periapt, Salubrious Brew, or Throwblast.
On the upper level of the square tower, accessible only through a Succubi ride there is a Macabre Sculpture as well as a Bitterblack Gear Lv.2. Lower down the tower, on an outer balcony on the third level underground are two Coin Purse of Charity, and a Giant Coin Pouch can be obtained on the outside of the tower, accessed by exiting the tower on the 3rd level through the east window.
The second Macabre Sculpture is found at the lowest level (4th level under), on rocks underneath the entrance to the Black Abbey.
- Refer to map for all chest locations.
"The dark grows more oppressive beyond"
"Stay vigilant---places unremarkable at glance may hold more."
"The halls are narrow, and their twists and turns confounding. Let us be cautious."
- The voice of a Dead Arisen can be heard in a location here.
- Death can be killed here easily using a stagger exploit - for details see Death.
- The roof of the tower can be reached. It requires two harpy rides from the bridge, as a single flight will not gain enough height. A third harpy can be used to fly to the roof the very chamber for a long view down. There is nothing of note on the roof.