- "A melee specialist with attacks and counterattacks able to cut through any resistance."
Wielding a sword and shield, fighters stand in the fray of combat. Their primary role is group protection, drawing enemy attention away from the squishier pawns in your party while dishing out heavy damage of their own. Fighters do not have any ranged abilities and are therefore forced into using their tactical wiles, pulling and taunting foes out of reach. They must bide their time until the perfect moment to strike. Fighters excel at ground combat and are a deadly class to be reckoned with.
A fighter's primary weapon is their Sword, always supported by a Shield. All of a fighter's skills rely on Strength to do damage. In terms of armor, generally Heavy Armor Sets are the most appropriate for a fighter, together with armored, padded, reinforced or chain underclothes. A custom fighter armor may leave the protected shield arm unarmored, whilst protecting the sword hand.
Fighters are strong on offense and defense, but lack high mobility and ranged attacks. Whilst blocking with a shield their movement is slowed.
Skills and Augments
- Skills in bold are unique to the Fighter.
- Skills in italics can only be obtained via Skill Rings and Bands found in Dark Arisen.
|Sword||Onslaught||Already learned||-||Continuous attacks with one-handed sword.|
|Sword||Empale||Already learned||-||Release a stabbing strike straight forward.|
|Sword||Vault||Already learned||-||Executes a jump to a higher location.|
|Sword||Dire Onslaught||1||800||An advanced form of Onslaught that strengthens a chain of one-handed sword slashes.|
|Sword||Takedown||1||600||An advanced form of Empale that appends a tackle to a forceful jab.|
|Sword||Controlled Fall||3||1,200||Tucks the body into a tight roll when falling, mitigating harm.|
|Shield||Defend||Already learned||-||Use your shield to block an enemy's attack.|
|Shield||Deflect||3||1,400||An advanced form of Defend that deflects attacks back toward the assailant.|
|Blink Strike||Already learned||-||Rushes the target and visits a powerful blow upon them.|
|Broad Cut||1||200||Cuts a broad swath with the blade while falling back to avoid attacks.|
|Skyward Lash||1||250||Looses a flurry of skyward slashes well-suited to bringing flying foes to the ground.|
|Tusk Toss||2||400||Traces a grand skyward arc with the blade, sending lightweight foes into the air.|
|Burst Strike||3||600||An advanced form of Blink Strike honed to travel greater distances.|
|Flesh Skewer||3||800||Thrusts the blade into the target's body, pinning them in place while raining further blows upon them.|
|Broad Slash||4||1,000||An advanced form of Broad Cut. The path can be altered while executing the attack.|
|Heavenward Lash||4||1,300||An advanced form of Skyward Slash that appends still more slashes to the onslaught.|
|Hindsight Slash||4||1,300||Ducks backward afore charging in to deliver a slashing blow. Using it as an evasive maneuver increases its power.|
|Compass Slash||5||1,400||Spins with blade extended, drawing a deadly circle especially effective when surrounded, Employable while under attack.|
|Downthrust||5||1,400||Plants the blade into the earth at one's feet. Though its range is limited, the force behind the thrust is great.|
|Antler Toss||6||1,600||An advanced form of Tusk Toss able to lift even heavier foes aloft. It can strike foes multiple times midair.|
|Hindsight Sweep||6||1,800||An advanced form of Hindsight Slash that becomes even stronger as attacks are evaded.|
|Soul Skewer||6||1,800||An advanced form of Flesh Skewer that binds the target for a longer while visiting more blows upon them.|
|Stone Will||6||2,000||Hardens the flesh, allowing the user to stand firm against all attacks and take less damage for a time.|
|Downcrack||7||2,000||An advanced form of Downthrust that strikes twice. It is more powerful and broader in its reach.|
|Full Moon Slash||7||2,000||An advanced form of Compass Slash gifted with broader reach and the ability to hit multiple times.|
|Steel Will||8||4,000||An advanced form of Stone Will that remains active for a longer period of time.|
|Legion's Bite||9||5,000||Unleashes a swift, powerful and broad reaching onslaught employable even while under attack. Requires a lot of Stamina.|
|Dragon's Maw||9||7,500||An advanced form of Legion's Bite that extends across an even broader range.|
|Blitz Strike||Requires Swordsman's Ring/Band||-||An advanced form of Burst Strike that moves more quickly and travels even greater distances.|
|Downcrush||Requires Swordsman's Band||-||An advanced form of Downcrack that hits for greater damage and can land additional strikes on withdrawal.|
|Fate Skewer||Requires Fighter's Ring/Band||-||An advanced form of Soul Skewer with an increased number of strikes and hastened attack speed during the barrage.|
|Hindsight Strike||Requires Fighter's Ring/Band||-||An advanced form of Hindsight Sweep that strikes twice after evading for an even deadlier riposte.|
|Shield Summons||Already learned||-||Raps the shield loudly to attract the attention of nearby foes.|
|Shield Strike||1||200||Strikes a blow with the shield that causes little damage but forces the target to drop their guard.|
|Cymbal Attack||1||250||Unleashes a barrage of strikes using the shield.|
|Springboard||2||400||Launches allies into the air using the shield. A supporting technique for tandem moves.|
|Shield Drum||3||600||An advanced form of Shield Summons that carries further, drawing the ire of more distant enemies.|
|Sheltered Spike||3||800||Unleashes a flurry of stabbing attacks while maintaining the user's guard from all quarters, except the rear.|
|Shield Storm||4||1,000||An advanced form of Shield Strike that deploys more quickly, shrinking the user's window of vulnerability.|
|Cymbal Onslaught||4||1,300||An advanced form of Cymbal Attack that appends still more blow to the onslaught.|
|Launchboard||6||1,600||An advanced form of Springboard that launches allies to greater heights.|
|Sheltered Assault||6||1,800||An advanced form of Sheltered Spike that appends still more strikes to the onslaught.|
|Perfect Defense||6||2,000||Guards against all manner of attacks, no matter the properties of the shield in use.|
|Divine Defense||8||4,000||An advanced form of Perfect Defense that greatly decreases Stamina usage.|
|Shield Slam||Requires Shieldsman's Ring||-||An advanced form of Shield Strike that shrinks the user's window of vulnerability with a faster blow that forces the target to drop their guard.|
|Sheltered Fusillade||Requires Fighter's Ring/Band||-||An advanced form of Sheltered Assault that hastens attack speed while adding yet more strikes to the salvo.|
|Fitness||2||700||Halves the Stamina consumed when you lift objects or grapple-hold opponents.|
|Vigilance||2||700||Increases your maximum Health by 100.|
|Egression||5||2,800||Allows for easier escape from enemy grapple-holds (Half the button presses).|
|Sinew||5||2,800||Increases the weight one can carry by 20.|
|Exhilaration||7||4,500||While your health is critical, Strength is increased by 50%. (only 35% in Dark Arisen)|
|Prescience||7||4,500||Performing Perfect Blocks becomes easier (Five more frames in which you can guard).|
|Vehemence||8||6,000||Increases Strength by 10%.|
|HP||Stamina||Attack||Defense||Magick Attack||Magick Defense|
|HP||Stamina||Attack||Defense||Magick Attack||Magick Defense|
|Under Lvl 10||30||20||4||3||2||2|
- Fighters possess devastating close quarters swordplay skills. Attacks such as Dragon's Maw, Burst Strike and Soul Skewer can easily quell most foes in one to three strikes. Dragon's Maw is a must have skill to quickly decimate a large monster and is especially effective when focusing on a weak spot of a downed monster.
- Traveling with a powerful Sorcerer is an excellent addition to the Fighter's play style. While the Fighter draws enemies toward him or herself, this gives ample time for the Sorcerer to charge up devastating magical attacks. This tactic is especially useful in all large monster battles.
- The Soul Skewer and Blink/Burst/Blitz Strike skills are very useful for stopping the movement and knocking down any monster up to the size of a Saurian, while dealing good damage. Useful for those annoying Wolves.
- Sheltered Assault/Fusillade is a very good skill for attacking a boss in the middle of an attack. It may burn up more stamina but you will be safe while stabbing at the boss.
- Shield Strike/Storm is perfect for breaking the guard of any enemy.
- Skyward/Heavenward Slash is useful for knocking low flying enemies from the sky and attacking tall enemies, like the Goat's head of a Chimera.
- Tusk/Antler Toss is good at quickly knocking down foes, making it easy to follow up with a heavy jump attack.
- If you find yourself needing better defenses and shield strength use some augments from the Mystic Knight class to obtain them. Fighters will also benefit from the defensive and offensive augments of the Warrior class.
- The Fighter's heavy jump attack strikes twice on hit, which is very effective on enemies that are knocked down, as well as being able to keep the enemy on the ground.
- Use of powerful skills such as Dragon's Maw uses up Fighter's limited stamina pool quite quickly - luckily the game provides ample sources of said curatives such as mushrooms which are just about everywhere you will be adventuring. Take advantage of this and other resources when adventuring.
- When launched by a Fighter Pawn's shield skill Launchboard you will automatically grab any monster you touch, so you don't need to press "grab", it does it for you.
The Equipment of the Fighter in the Change Vocation Menu is the standard Heavy Iron Armor Set :
- Iron Sword / Iron Shield [Weapons]
- Plated Coat / Sectional Iron Plate [Torso]
- Iron Armguard [Arms]
- Laborer's Breeches / Iron Cuisses [Legs]
- Paladin's Mantle [Cloak]
The Equipment of the Dark Arisen Fighter is :
- Cursed Bite / Dragon's Aegis [Weapons]
- Iron Vest / Immortal's Coat [Torso]
- Blessed Sleeves [Arms]
- Immortal's Sabatons [Legs]
- Sovereign's Mantle [Cloak]
- Laurel Circlet [Head Armor] (barely visible)
- Fighter www.dragonsdogma.com