- "The dark void of the Everfall seems without end. And yet you feel compelled to press on to some final destination."
- Caution ! This is a point of no return ! - Once the player gives Quince the Wakestones, the world of Gransys will be inaccessible until New Game Plus.
After the defeat of The Dragon and the destruction wrought on Gran Soren, return to the Everfall. Speak to Quince near the displaced altar of the Flameservant's Throne, close to the entrance from the Pawn Guild.
Any means to obtain them are allowed - they can be bought, collected from assembled Wakestone Shards around Gransys and Bitterblack Isle, obtained by defeating the Ur-Dragon, or from vanquished monsters of the post-Dragon Everfall.
Wakestones and Shards are rather rare in the normal world of Gransys, so descent into the Everfall will likely be necessary, defeating its monsters and collecting Wakestones along the way.
Once enough Wakestones have been collected and the Arisen is ready to progress, give the Wakestones to Quince. A new rift will form - creating a passage from this world to an ethereal plane, in which the end game quests Final Judgment and The Great Hereafter take place.
- Wakestones and Wakestone Shards are abundant in the post-game Everfall.
- Defeating the Ur-Dragon, found in the Chamber of Lament, will yield 20 Wakestones.
- Quince is the same pawn that aided Savan in the prologue quest The End at the Beginning.
- As hired pawns are automatically released when the Arisen jumps into the portal after finishing Fathom Deep and if it is desired to rate them, send a message or give gifts, then this should be done before entering the portal.
- Caution Don't enter the portal if not ready to end the current game or not want to begin a New Game Plus yet. Upon entering the portal, a Checkpoint save is made, and the game cannot be restarted at an earlier point.
- Freedom - Obtained with the completion of this quest, will be unlocked upon landing within the Seneschal's Chamber.