Eliminators are huge, brawny undead humanoids found on Bitterblack Isle. They stand taller than any person, though smaller than an Ogre. Eliminators don masks in the image of a bull, Fur Greaves and Cursed King's Belts, and are armed with a Cyclops Sigil or Devil's Nail.
There are two types of Eliminators: One wears a Persecutor's Mask and is dark skinned, the second wears a Tormenter's Mask and has much lighter skin. Both have the same amount of health, but the second version which appears only after Daimon is killed for the first time, is tougher. Both may drop their masks when killed.
All the evidence suggests that Eliminators are in fact undead. They receive increased damage from the Zombiebane shield, they are damaged from curative holy magick like Halidom, and they are healed by the 'unholy-anodyne' sigil cast by Liches.
Their attacks consist of many large-radius hammer blows and they are much faster than one would expect.
Information and Stats
| Base Experience of 24,000
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp) and in-game testing.|
|Indomitable Lunge||Phys||Charges forward with its weapon extended, knocking down any caught in its path.|
|Indomitable Lash||Phys||Channels its strength into a devastating hit that grows in power with the amount of time spent preparing. Able to withstand attacks while charging.|
|Arc of Deliverance||Phys||Channels all its power into the ultimate blow. (Usually followed by Foot Stomp)|
|Foot Stomp||Phys||Places a foot on a knocked-down target and pins them to the ground while simultaneously charging a very powerful downward strike which can prove fatal unless interrupted or successfully evaded (wiggle L-stick).
This move can catch Assassins with Invisibility.
|Hammer Frenzy||Phys||A series of wild hammer swings in front of and around the Eliminator.|
- Can be Frozen. Also Vulnerable to Torpor, Poison, Petrification, and Tarred.
- Using well timed Throwblasts can be an effective way to stagger or knock down Eliminators and deal decent damage.
- Susceptible to Fall Damage - can be killed by knocking off from high places. Fearful Din headshots may lift it into the air.
- Many attacks, including the Lunge Attack, can be Perfect Blocked or countered with Masterful Kill.
- The Eliminator's head is more vulnerable to Stagger and Knockdown damage. Focused attacks here can be used to interrupt the Eliminator.
- Eliminators will perform their lunge attack when their target is out of range of its other attacks.
- The Eliminator's stomp attack :
- The stomp attack is usually initiated when standing too close to an Eliminator, directly in front of them.
- If knocked down, Instant Reset can be used for recover and then dodge roll away.
- The stomp is survivable with more than 1400 defense and 4300 health.
- The Egression augment allows for easier escapes, halving the effort needed to break free.
- The Eliminator makes a different sound for each attack, allowing identification of the attack before it is executed.
- If the Eliminator proves to be a difficult foe, it is advised to first learn what sound it makes before which attack. This makes evading its attacks much easier.
- All but the stomp can be Perfect Blocked.
- The skills Dragon's Maw and Hindsight Slash not only provide valuable invincibility frames but have sufficiently high Knockdown power to fell the brute.
- An Eliminator is vulnerable to Lowered Strength as inflicted by the Dragon's Roost shield.
- Consider using Shield Drum to help prevent the Eliminator from engaging other party members.
- Magick Archers:
- Mystic Knights:
- Eliminators take extra damage from the Zombiebane shield.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 60 Eliminators either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
More information can be found on the Bestiary page.
- "A guardian of this labyrinth, perhaps."
- "It looks damned tough..."
- "Stand firm! An eliminator comes!"
- "They charge with little warning!
- "It stands firm... Does it feel no pain?!"
- "They swarm upon the fallen! Rise as soon as you're able!"
- "Do not allow it to knock you down!"
- "Watch for their attacks--evade, then strike!"
- Its appearance recalls the Minotaur - "a mythical creature portrayed in Classical times with the head and tail of a bull and the body of a man or, as described by Roman poet Ovid, a being 'part man and part bull'." (Source : Wikipedia:Minotaur)
- (BUG) ps3, xbox360, pc If an Eliminator and its target are on separate elevation levels when the Eliminator attacks with Foot Stomp, the hammer will not hit the character as the attack can only affect characters on its own elevation.
- Official website (archived)