- "Break any law, and you may find yourself arrested and imprisoned. You can't use items or change equipment in the castle dungeons, with few exceptions."
— In-game description
There are two exits or entrances to the Dungeon - the official one - from the Duke's Demesne is barred by a gate until the quest Come to Court. A second secret exits leads to the Slums - this must be opened first from the Dungeon side.
There is a sewer exit to the Slums in one of the cells, via a windy passage through a broken wall.
Inhabitants and visitors
- Ser Jakob, jailor.
- Occasionally Feste.
- Julien, if he was defeated during Pride Before a Fall and survived.
- Ansell, imprisoned during the quest An Innocent Man.
There is a Skeleton Key in the chest next to where Ser Jakob stands. An Airtight Flask is lying on the floor of the first cell on the left, a Skeleton Key is needed to open this cell. Additionally, the cells contain some minor items, including a number of Shackles.
The sewer exit contains the usual detritus including numerous Skulls.
- Main article: Crimes.
- Once opened the slums exit remains unlocked until New Game Plus.
- During An Innocent Man Ansell's cell will have an additional Skeleton Key hidden in a pot.
- During Post-Game, prior to meeting with the Duke, the secret passage to the slums is blocked by rubble.
- (Glitch) A Barrel can be used to clip through the rubble, allowing access to the door to the slums. Using this door loads a version Grand Soren prior to Post-Game events.