Dragon Roar is a special skill unique to all Dragons, lesser and greater.
Destroying the horns (Dragon Horn) or wings (Great Dragon Alula) causes Dragonkin to rear up and roar. Once the both horns and wings are destroyed a Dragon will still periodically roar. Additionally the longer the foe receives damage without inflicting any, the higher the chance that it will roar. (verify)
The roar has a limited, yet long and wide, range so will always affect any Pawns in sight. Party members behind the Dragon may be unaffected.
Notes and tactics
- Silence does not prevent the Dragon Roar.
- The Dragon Roar can be interrupted on lesser Dragonkin by quickly inflicting enough damage to its heart, head, or even arms to stagger it, before the dragon can fully rear up on its hind legs and initiate the roar.
- Under certain circumstances, such as the Ur-Dragon's initial landing roar, enchantments and other character boons will be removed by the roar.
- Mage pawns with a Legion's Might staff will self-resurrect after a Dragon Roar or conventional death. Although the staff has one of the lowest attack stats out of all Mage staffs, its special function allows the Arisen to not worry about reviving this pawn.
- The Dark Arisen augment Tenacity does not protect against the Dragon Roar.