Dragonforging is a process whereby armor and weapons are "strengthened in wyrmfire", improving them to a level above that of the 3 Star enhancement.
Rather than requiring materials and a merchant, dragonforging can only be achieved by slaying a Dragon. Upon the death of a dragon, all armor pieces and weapons the Arisen has equipped have a chance of becoming dragonforged.
Dragonforged equipment is indicated by a red cross-shaped symbol of the wyrm that then appears in the top-left of an item's icon.
For an item to be dragonforged, it must be equipped by the Arisen. If it is simply being held in the player's inventory, it will not be dragonforged. Only equipment being worn at the moment of victory will have a chance of being dragonforged.
In the case of Drakes, Wyrms, Wyverns, and the Ur-Dragon (offline), equipment must have been enhanced at least to one star status beforehand to qualify for dragonforging. The dragons on Bitterblack Isle will also dragonforge non-enhanced equipment. Generally, the better the upgrade, the greater chance of dragonforging.
|The Dragon||Ur-Dragon (Offline)||Ur-Dragon (Online)||Firedrake|
- Main article: Rarifying.
In Dark Arisen, equipment can be upgraded beyond the level of dragonforged by rarifying using materials from Bitterblack Isle. Silver and Gold rarified items are often referred to as "Silver Dragonforged" and "Gold Dragonforged". This service is offered by Barroch.
- The 'Dragonforged' symbol is the same symbol used on the Duke's heraldic displays, seen on banners in the Encampment, the Duke's Demesne and in the Gran Soren Union Inn.
- Items equipped on Pawns are never dragonforged.
- Players seeking to have their pawns wear dragonforged items will need to wear it themselves to get it dragonforged, then give it back to their pawns. This may require changing vocations or even changing genders using the Character Editor in the case of gender-specific items.
- The items dragonforged are selected randomly, and can change on reloading the same battle.
- Dragons can be "farmed" to attempt to Dragonforge many items of equipment - for details see Exploits § Dragonforging.
- (Glitch) It is rare, but occasionally equipment worn by the Arisen can be dragonforged for no apparent reason whilst wandering Gransys. This is most probably caused by a nearby dragon such as the Drake in Devilfire Grove or the Wyvern of Conquest Road dying by falling into water.
The Dragon Forged (Achievement/Trophy) is obtained when a piece of equipment worn by the Arisen is dragonforged for the first time.