Dragon's Dogma is an anime adaptation produced by Sublimation Inc., to be shown on Netflix.
The official press release described the title as :
- "Based on a world-famous action RPG set in an open world, Dragon’s Dogma from CAPCOM will be brought to life as a Netflix original anime series. The story follows a man’s journey seeking revenge on a dragon who stole his heart. On his way, the man is brought back to life as an ‘Arisen’. An action adventure about a man challenged by demons who represent the seven deadly sins of humans."
- Father-to-be Ethan leaves his wife behind and takes orphan Louis to hunt for food in the mountains, where a pack of ferocious wolves set upon them.
- Cassardis lies in ruins. When a magical Pawn revives Ethan, he vows revenge, embarking on a quest to slay the dragon that destroyed his world.
- Ethan and Hannah aid a traveling party being ambushed by goblins. The groups make camp together, but a predatory griffin swoops in from above.
- The pair make their way through a cavern that once housed a bustling narcotics operation. Deeper inside, a towering hydra stalks the depths.
- Ethan and Hannah reunite with royal guards Simon and Balthazar, agreeing to help them destroy a greedy lich who commands an army of undead.
- Hannah convinces Ethan to rest at an inn before marching on to the dragon's lair. In his room, a vision of his wife brings back Ethan's past.
- Ethan makes his way to the Tainted Mountain to face the dragon and reclaim his stolen heart, or die trying.
Cast of Characters
- Ethan: Yūichi Nakamura (Japanese); Greg Chun (English)
- Hannah: Nana Mizuki (Japanese); Erica Mendez (English)
- Olivia: Miyuki Sawashiro (Japanese); Cristina Vee (English)
- Dragon: Takayuki Sugō (Japanese); David Lodge (English)
- Louis: Yūko Sanpei (Japanese); Jeannie Tirado (English)
- Salai: Suzuko Mimori (Japanese); Ryan Bartley (English)
- NETFLIX GROWS ANIME PROGRAMMING THROUGH PARTNERSHIPS WITH LEADING JAPANESE PRODUCTION COMPANIES (11 Mar 2019) netflix.com
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.