- "An advanced form of Dazzle Hold that tosses an explosive crafted to stun foes within a broader radius."
An advanced version of Dazzle Hold with a large firework display,
Dazzle Blast works as a two phase process :
- First, a projectile is thrown forward in a similar manner to which a rock or throwblast might be thrown (similar aiming is required).
- The second phase is the explosion of the projectile producing the 'firecracker' effect which stuns enemies. This is a multiple hit attack and inflicts very little damage.
In addition to stunning or staggering enemies, this skill can inflict debilitations and damage based on the properties of the equipped daggers.
- In order to inflict a debilitation, the path of the initial projectile must impact the enemy - this enemy will also take damage (based on the equipped dagger's attack strength, elemental and debilitation properties).
- A hit is effective at inflicting Debilitations innate to the equipped dagger, far more so than simple strikes with the same weapon.
- Only one monster maximum is debilitated for each use of the skill — aiming is key.
- Elemental effects (like Frozen, Thundershock or Burning) may also occur if enchanted but are less likely.
- Only one status effect can be inflicted per skill attempt; thus Aneled daggers will first inflict tarring, and then blindness on a second attempt.
The area stun effect does not do damage or inflict debilitations.
- Dragonkin and Cockatrices are impervious to the stun effect of this skill, although they may still be debilitated. The Dragon Roar will not be interrupted.
- While this skill lacks much utility against larger creatures, it will always interrupt smaller foes; this comes in handy against enemies with high stagger resistance like the Corrupted Pawns.
- Of larger enemies the skill stuns all types of Giant Saurians and Skeleton Brutes.
- The stun effect is not related to stagger.
- Thrown Damage - targeting with thrown objects is the same as that for Dazzle Blast.
- Whistle Dart has a similar interrupting effect.
- The Strider bow skill Splinter Dart has a very similar visual effect, but does significant damage instead of stunning.