- "The air is heavy, and...somehow sad."
Bitterblack Isle Harbor is the landing point at which Arisen from Gransys alight on the Bitterblack Isle.
It is the start point for the mysterious quest given by Olra to any Arisen who will aid her; Olra can be found on the pier in Cassardis at night after completing Call of the Arisen. The Harbor consists of a pier, with a boat which can take the party back to Gransys by talking to Olra, a Riftstone, a Portcrystal ring, a Request Board, and a Resting Bench.
Three paths lead off from the pier - two to each side to initially locked doors, and one main route forward to large double doors leading into the dungeon of the isle.
Loot and points of interest
|Level||Points of interest and loot|
|First Floor||The Pier and Harbor, and entrance to the Garden of Ignominy
Here are also several ore deposits
|Second Floor||The second floor is normally accessed on the way out having passed through the dangers of the interior of the Isle.
However the upper area (and some of its treasures) can be got to early by exploratious persons - for details see § Accessing Upper Areas
|Third Floor||The third floor is accessible from the second, or from the Sanctum exit.
A minable spot yields Rubicites
|First level underground||The first level underground contains a small riverlet running crosswise under the interior structure containing the Monument of Remembrance.
|Bitterblack Sanctum exit||
Notice Board Quests
- Visions of the End
- The Wages of Death
- In Aid of the Emerald King
- Other Quests
- A Guiding Light
- Eyes of the Deep
- Dousing the Blight
- Slumbering Promise
- The Heart of Darkness (Post-Daimon)
Accessing Upper Areas
Generally the upper levels of the harbor are got to by first travelling through the dangers of the interior of the Isle, facing its fiercest creatures, before unlocking the gated door that leads outwards from Bitterblack Sanctum.
To reach the upper areas of the east side there is a roundabout route, starting with a jump to a pillar. (Note the Macabre Sculpture on the small island) The harbor's second Macabre Sculpture is to be found further along the ledge after jumping down to a pillar.
It is possible to gain access to the west side upper levels from the east using various skills: either Levitate; or Sunflare together with Reset. Either will give access to the Second Floor on the west side, from which the upper areas can be explored.
Using Sunflare & Reset, or Levitate one must first climb up the columns on the east side, cross over to the adjacent island, and back over to a narrow ledge. From there a massive running jump plus the chosen skills takes the Arisen to the west side.
With Leaping stone first use it to gain access to the platform with the chest above Olra, and then jumping off the chest itself should give access to the second floor west side.
- "It looks a rotten billboard."
- "The path ahead is long and hard. Let us rest while we can."
- "We had best face the trials ahead well prepared."
- "Aiding one another is our only hope in surviving such place."
- "I never dreamed the Cassardi sea held such an island."
- The locked doors can only be unlocked by defeating powerful enemies within the halls of the isle :
- After defeating Daimon for the first time all the shortcuts have to be unlocked again.
- After the Arisen exits from Bitterblack Sanctum, they cannot re-enter it this way again to directly approach Daimon.
- The Harbor is the only Bitterblack Isle location where Ferrystones can be used.
- The name Bitterblack Isle Harbor is not used in-game. The game map simply refers to it as "Bitterblack Isle".