- "A heavy sword forged by a master smithy. It's great heft makes for devastating strikes."
| 0|| 1|| 2|| 3|
|N/A||8,280 G|| 25,800 G|
Southron Iron x4
| 79,400 G|
Unremarkable Ore x6
| Click here for|
| 6,000 RC|
| 9,000 RC|
Elder Ogre Fang x2
- Sold by:
- May be found in chests at:
- Soulflayer Canyon, from the Barta Crags entrance, turn southeast and follow the wooden scaffolding, at its end is a ladder, climb it down, chest is right next to this ladder.
- The Blighted Manse, located just on the left on entering (from the Manse side) the large area with lots of wooden platforms over water, with Bandits everywhere.
- Given by Caxton for escorting him to Hillfigure Knoll in the Noticeboard Quest A Prospector's Partner, acquired from the Union Inn in Gran Soren.
Enhancement Item Locations
- Southron Iron
- Unremarkable Ore
- Can be mined from Ore Deposits in the Ancient Quarry.
- Elder Ogre Fang
- Dropped by an Elder Ogre.
- Has a Weapon Level Requirement of 14.
- This is the sword that was used by the Duke to knight the Arisen.
- The term "Bastard sword" is academically acknowledged as referring either to "a sword of unknown origin" or "an abnormally long sword" as in the original French "epee batard." (c. 15th century) In this context it referred to a sword that might perhaps be used either in one or both hands, centuries later (c. 18th-19th century) this type of sword would be called "a hand-and-a-half sword" or simply a "longsword." Contemporaneously, the sword depicted in game would likely by called "a longsword" or "an arming sword" due to its hilt being about the size to accomidate a single hand, and its size relative to the arrisen being similarly accomidating. (source: Oakeshott, Ewart (1980). European Weapons and Armour: From the Renaissance to the Industrial Revolution.)
- The sword has a "flame" pattern along the blade - this is likely to be a result of regular pattern welding, a profession sword making technique.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.