Ballista is an environmental object found in Dragon's Dogma.
A large torsion powered crossbow, mounted to the ground. Capable of firing standard and explosive bolts. The standard bolt fires at a quicker rate, dealing moderate damage. The explosive bolt reloads slowly, but packs a punch and inflicts area damage, similar to that of an Explosive Barrel.
Ballistae can be found in the Conqueror's Sanctuary, The Shadow Fort, Bandit's Den, within the keep at The Greatwall, on the tower beyond The Tainted Mountain Temple, and at The Tainted Mountain summit during The Final Battle quest.
- A ballista bolt can be Perfect Blocked.
- Like most other objects in-game, it is destructable.
- Equipping the secret augment Facility will speed up the reloading time between shots. This augment is acquired from the Scroll of Facility, by purifying a Bitterblack Novelty level 1 or level 2.
- The bolts of one ballista can be shot down by another.
- Using a ballista with rusted, golden or aneled primary weapons equipped can also inflict the weapon's debilitation on the target.
- Elemental Debilitations cannot be inflicted.
- To switch between bolts (explosive/normal) press :
- Triangle/Square (PS3/PS4)
- Y/X (360/XONE)
- For keyboard users (PC) : To use the ballista, press "E" to mount and "F" to fire.