Art of Metamorphosis is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
- "Arcane magick that can transmute one's appearance, allowing the user to edit both their Arisen and main pawn a single time."
Acquiring this item installs the Character Editor into the Main Menu of the game, allowing the player to edit the visual appearance, name, voice, and gender of the Arisen and main pawn once when the game menu is opened. After its use, the prompt will vanish permanently from the Main Menu.
- The Secret of Metamorphosis has the same function but can be used as many times as desired.
- The Art of Metamorphosis does not restock within a single playthrough, although it will be available again in New Game Plus.
- Certain Downloadable Content character colors purchased from Johnathan will also be available in both Character Edit and in Devyn's Barber Shop.
- If the Arisen's appearance is edited, but either the player exits the game via the console's dashboard or cancels the changes during editing of the main pawn, the Arisen will be altered but the main pawn will not and the Character Editor will disappear from the main menu. Therefore, it is advisable that the player makes absolutely certain of their changes to the Arisen before confirming them to move onto the main pawn's settings.