- Slay Your Enemies
Ambush! is a monster elimination quest which occurs when the Arisen stumbles upon a large monster or pack of foes out in the wilds of Gransys
Slay all the enemies to complete the quest.
Locations and Foes
- Any Chimera in Gransys
- Any Ogres overground in Gransys
- Any Griffin encounter outside Griffin's Bane
- Any Drake, Wyvern, or Wyrm encounter in Gransys
- Any encounter with a Wight or Cyclops above ground in Gransys
Additionally there are some random events that trigger an 'Ambush!' quest:
- Goblin pack ambushes on Seabreeze Trail, and on the bridge between the Estan Plains and Deos Hills.
- Bandit road ambushes on either Manamia Trail or Moonsbit Pass
- A bask of masked Saurians on rocks on the southeast side of the river bridge near Gran Soren
- A bask of Sulfur Saurians under the river bridge on the west side.
- A Golem on the path through the Deos Hills (rare)
- A Chimera or Wight on Conquest Road (or west of it within the Deos Hills) (rare)
- Leave No Prisoners - random prisoner rescue quests
- There is an unique ambush event that foreshadows the quest Griffin's Bane - it involves a battle between goblins and Gran Soren guards outside Gran Soren's south gate, during which a Griffin also attacks.
- There are unique bandit attacks that occur on the roads outside Gran Soren shortly after the Arisen arrives at the capital - the first encountered is usually the bandit Kent, followed by Lowane.
- A band of bandit cultists track down and ambush the Arisen during the quest Nameless Terror
- Leaving the near area will fail the quest.
- This quest doesn't show up in the Quests Log.
- There might be a bug on the XboxOne version of large monster ambush events where creatures hit near the moment of the quest announcement take massively more damage than they should, or are one shot. reddit (verify)