- "An advanced form of Darkcounter that persists for a longer period of time and conjures more darkness on a perfect block."
An advanced version of Darkcounter.
|Darkcounter||~ 50 seconds|
|Abyssal Riposte||~ 1 min 50 seconds|
|Desecration Feint||~3 minutes|
After a relatively brief incantation, enchants the magick shield with the dark element.
- The initial perfect block shockwave - this affects only the attacker, if in melee range, and consists mostly of physical damage, with a lesser dark magick component.
- A second dark blast, smaller than the frost blast of Frazil and similar in size to the shockwave from a perfect block. Enemies in very close proximity and even behind may also be hit.
- The window for perfect blocking is increased by the Prescience augment.
- While the enchantment is active, regular blocks deal a moderate amount of dark damage to any melee attacker. If the core skill Reflect has not been learned this is the only effect of the spell.
- For more notes, tactics, and other details on conjuring and using 'parry' or 'counter' spell with perfect blocks see Mystic Knight Shield Counters.
- (BUG) In Dark Arisen transitioning between areas with this skill active will randomly add a debilitation. The next enemy hit will be debilitated on the first hit.
- Witnessed on Harpies, Drake, Thunderwyvern, Cursed Dragon and Frostwyrm.
- The power of the skill will also be greatly diminished.
- To fix, simply equip a different primary weapon, or unequip then reequip the shield, and re-cast the counter.
- This can occur with all Mystic Knight Shield Counters and also with Abyssal Anguish.
Darkcounter vs. Abyssal Riposte
Darkcounter differs from all other counter and riposte spells in that its conjured spell does no damage - however the initial perfect block does damage.
Abyssal Riposte adds damage to the conjured spell, which affects all in a short shockwave in front of the knight.
- The chance to inflict torpor and critical hits greatly increases from Darkcounter to Abyssal Riposte. The perfect block damage is also slightly increased.
- The damage added by the riposte spell is purely magickal and scales with total magick power.